Traditional authentication methods rely on a single factor used to determine a person’s identity – like passwords, based on something one knows. Multi-factor authentication (e.g. two factor authentication) relies on several factors and is recognized as a more secure method for authenticating access to data and applications. Such factors can include something one possesses – like a token or a digital certificate – or something one is, known as biometric authentication.
However, the authentication assurance level isn’t the only criterion to determine the best choice for a given use case; cost of ownership, user friendliness and adherence to regulations are often as important, resulting in the need to support multiple combinations simultaneously.
TrustBuilder provides a powerful and flexible central authentication system, allowing customers to select the appropriate authentication and/or authorization mechanism(s) based on context. The policy can easily be adapted whenever required through its user-friendly workflow interface, a must-have in today’s rapidly changing environment.
Today TrustBuilder supports out-of-the-box any and all of the following methods to authenticate users:
- Smartcards and Digital Certificates (X.509)
- Two-factor using DigiPass for Mobile
- Two-factor using DigiPass for Windows
- Out-of-band or two-factor using TrustFactor™
- Federated authentication using SAML, OAuth or OpenID Connect
- Fingerprint recognition from id-me Biometrics
Third Party Authentication Services
- Two-factor using Vasco DigiPass hardware tokens
- Out-of-band using PhoneFactor
- Two-factor using Google Authenticator
- Two-factor using Gemalto SAS
- Two-factor using RSA SecurID
- Two-factor using Kobil SecOVID
- Voice recognition from SentryCom
- Any service accessible through RADIUS, HTTP or LDAP
See also the overview of TrustBuilder Adapters
- Choose the appropriate method for every business case
- Rapid deployment, no custom coding
- Change choices over time without impacting the applications environment
- Centralized approach reducing costs and increasing control.
In addition to the comprehensive authentication capabilities, TrustBuilder Identity Hub also provides a unique bridging platform in an increasingly federated environment.
Contact us for more information about central authentication systems like dual factor authentication.