The Core TrustBuilder platform accommodates traditional Web, mobile and SOA based environments, through a variety of security service interfaces.
On the back-end side, a plug-in architecture assures simultaneous out-of-the box support for virtually any authentication or validation mechanism …
Endpoints (Security service interfaces)
The following interfaces are supported; allowing an easy integration in your applications or Web Access Management platforms:
- SOAP: allows TrustBuilder to support the common Web Service interface
- OCSP: allows TrustBuilder to act as an OCSP server, enriching the way digital certificate certificates could be validated
- HTTP/REST for Restful API services
- HTTP/HTML: simple HTTP protocol; allows TrustBuilder to act as a web server. This interface also allows the implementation of the IBM Security Access Manager Extended Authentication Interface (EAI).
- LDAP: allows TrustBuilder to act as an LDAP Directory. Useful for many Applications and Network Access Points.
- RADIUS: allows TrustBuilder to act as a RADIUS server.
- Custom: IBM Security Access Manager Authentication: this interface allows the implementation of the now depreciated IBM Security Access Manager CDAS interface.
TrustBuilder supports a comprehensive set of back-end adapters, fit to support any of your needs:
The adapters can be classified amongst 7 categories as follows:
- Username / Password
These adapters validate a static username/password against a set of directories or databases. This includes the LDAP, the Active Directory (AD), the JDBC (to connect to JDBC-compliant databases), RACF and Kerberos adapters.
- Public Key Infrastructure
This includes the Certificate, Challenge, OCSP (to connect to OCSP servers), CRL adapters.
- One-Time passwords
These adapters validate a one-time password using standard or third-party proprietary algorithms.
TrustFactor allows users to totally validate out-of-band using their mobile device
- Cloud & Federation
These adapters allow the implementation of Federations and Cloud. It includes the SAML 2.0, OAuth, OpenID Connect, WS-Trust, WS-Federation and SCIM adapters.
These adapters allow the implementation of biometric authentication, including fingerprint, voice and face recognition.
Utilities & 3rd party API's
These adapters also allow the implementation of Risk-based authentication It includes the ISAM Admin, ISAM Authn, ISAM PAC, ISAM Azn, ISAM EAS, TFIM Admin, TFIM RBA and WS-Trust adapters.
Some software from third-party technology vendors is included in the TrustBuilder software packaging, and sometimes even licensed directly; for more information, please refer to technology partners.